What are we going to get into?!
Cedric will set up as if he was working with a client. His creative team will cover hair, makeup and wardrobe, giving you the opportunity to ask questions along the way. You will get to see the process and know what he is looking for. Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the photoshoot to gain experience and add to their existing portfolios.
DAY I - Studio Lighting + Portrait Photography:
- Studio strobes overview
- Light modifiers overview and practical comparisons
- On-location portraits/headshots; office space and environmental
- Soft and hard light
- Effective one-light setup
- Effective multiple-lights setup
- Creative lighting setups
- Main light, fill lights and accent lights
- Using available light
- Gear selection
- Studio Set-up/Breakdown
- Hair & Makeup
- Image Selection
- Editing your portfolio
DAY II - Business & Industry Hiring Panel
- Day I Overview
- Rules for a Successful Freelance Artist
- Industry Hiring Panel
- Booking Major Clients
- How to get into the International Alliance for Theatrical Stage Employees Union
- How to read a Call Sheet
- Script Breakdown
- Set Language & Vocabulary
- Set Etiquette
- Social Media.
- New! 2018 Instagram Algorithms
- Smart Phone Photography
- Finding Work
- Accounting & Book Keeping
- Payments and deposits (schedule and amounts)
- Saying no
- Customer service
The workshop will close with an open question and answer forum to discuss topic covered during the course.
Location: Studiowerks DC
Date: May 5 + 6
Time: 10 am - 4 pm
* Limited to 10 students
$400 - early registration until April 15, 2018
$500 - regular registration after April 16th, 2018
*$200 deposit to confirm your spot and remaining balance due 3 days prior to workshop.
This is a beginners/intermediate workshop. Attendees must have at least a DSLR and have a basic understanding of it's functions and shooting in manual mode.
To sign up, please fill out the form below: